Cailleach Designs – Scotland Artworks & More
St. Andrews Episcopal Church
The first Episcopal church building was erected on this site in 1817. It was known as the Rosse Chapel, after the Countess of Rosse who was largely responsible for its being built. By 1876 it was in a bad state of repair and the future looked blank until George Baynton Davey had the building demolished and replaced, very largely at his own expense, by the present St Andrew’s. It is built of Abriachan granite, with a roof of Cumberland slate, and was designed by Dr Alexander Ross, of Inverness. The church was consecrated on 9 Sept 1880. Known as the “Queen of Highland Churches” it is a Category A listed building.