Cailleach Designs – Scotland Artworks & More
Toward Point Lighthouse was completed in 1812. It was built by Robert Stevenson (1772 – 1850) for the Cumbrae Lighthouse Trust.Two lighthouse keepers’ houses were added in the later 1800s. A white building on the foreshore housed the foghorn mechanism, originally a steam engine and then diesel engines. The foghorn was taken out of operation in the 1990s. Today the buildings are a private home and not open to the public.